Skin cancer is the most common cancer world wide. Below you’ll find some info on skin cancer. (source: apderm)
Did you know
• 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70
• More than 2 people in the U.S. die of skin cancer every hour
• Having more than 5 sunburns doubles your melanoma risk
• Squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma are the two most common types
• Melanoma is the deadliest skin cancer, but highly treatable if detected early
• Protect your skin. Sun screen is a must!
• Moisturize your skin. Hydrate your body’s skin with something that feels nourishing.
• Feed your skin antioxidants. Regain skin balance by eating fruits and vegetables to neutralize free radicals with antioxidants.
• Annual skin exam. This is important get an annual skin check-up and not just your face but your entire body (source: westdermatology).